Monday, July 25, 2011

All for under $20.00


Last day today, Sunday 7/31, to sign up to follow my blog and be entered to
win a free 16 oz grungy jar soy candle.

All of the above for under $20.00

I love old wooden boxes and wooden crates. They are neat to stack and make great display pieces for my shows. So my husband and I or my girlfriends and I will go out to different yard sales or small antique places looking for some neat finds.

So, Saturday morning my husband and I took a ride to two different antique places. One was an antique mall filled with the most wonderful antique pieces, unfortunately with what I had allocated to spend I could not bring anything home. I so wanted one of everything. The next place we stopped at is a small shoppe in the barn of the owner's home. Here is where I walked out with all of my goodies. I picked up two old wooden crates, one reads 'Roast Beef' and the other reads 'Postum Coffee'. I love them. The patina is great and I love the size. You will see them as part of my display for the 'Simple Treasures From The Past' show at Walker Homestead in September. I also found a hand held strainer and a wooden tote with handle. I have some really neat ideas for these two pieces. All of these pieces I bought for under $20.00. Yes, you read it right, all four pieces for under $20.00.

I know they are not from the 1700 and 1800's but the look is there and the price was right. How could I go wrong? As soon as I got home, I proudly displayed my wonderful 'new finds' in my homestead. It is the small things in life that make a difference. Finding what I like for the price I could afford was worth the adventure. My husband and I spent some real quality time sharing something that we both enjoy and I did not come home empty handed. So I would say my Saturday adventure was a success. What do you think?

As always, thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it. Enjoy your day and remember to enjoy life to it's fullest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giveaway!!!

On August 1st I will be giving away one of my grungy jar 16 ounce soy candles in my newest scent called 'Root Cellar'. All you have to do is be a follower of my site. Whether you have been following or are a new follower, your name will be entered to win this 'FREE' candle. My way of saying 'thank you' for following.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Eva!...I would say that was a most wonderful day indeed and your wooden goodies are awesome!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet. I love them and they have become a part of my home.

    ReplyDelete